Ryan is a South African born rugby player currently playing for the Springbok Sevens team. He grew up in Stellenbosch and attended Paarl Gimnasium. Over the years he has been a regular supporter of the CoolPlay tournaments and events and brings with him experiences and lessons from the top of the game. His passion for the team environment and the life skills he has learned whilst in the Blizbok fold since 2016 are worthy stories for our CoolPlay learners.
We asked Ryan a few questions and this is what he had to say:
1. What are the lessons and values that you can attribute to participating in sport?
Dedication and hard work are some of the attributes I learned through participating in sport. Sport has massive highs and lows and this makes you a better all-round person in the long run..
2. What is your sport of choice to participate in / to watch?
3. What is your greatest achievement to date?
Winning the World Rugby Sevens series three times with the Blitzbokke.
4. What is it about the CoolPlay Way which resonates with you?
The way that games and life lessons are incorporated into the sessions is important. Sport should be fun, so that you take the learnings into other parts of your life.
5. Personal mantra or motto that gets you out of bed in the morning?
I always try to be better today than I was yesterday.